In order to structure the development of your Center of Vocational Excellence, the Business Model Canvas is a useful tool. With this instrument, you will be able to map all essential elements of your Center of Vocational Excellence in a visible way. The instrument proves to be very functional in catering the conversation between organisations or persons from different backgrounds, such as education, business or government.
In this phase you will collect information about your skills ecosystem, answering questions like:
- Which stakeholders are active in the skills ecosystem? How do they relate to each other?
- What are developments in my skills ecosystem?
- What are the characteristics of the stakeholders in my skills ecosystem?
- What are the needs of the stakeholders in my skills ecosystem?
- What is the ‘why’ or reason of existence of my Center of Vocational Excellence?
- What information do I already have and what are my knowledge gaps?
Outcomes of this phase are:
- An overview of all stakeholders, including the key partners for the Center of Vocational Excellence
- A list of needs of the skills ecosystem, that feed into the value proposition of the Center of Vocational Excellence, checked and validated with the stakeholders
Tools to use:
Phase 1: Collecting ingredients for the Center of Vocational Excellence
Phase 2: Developing your Business Model Canvas and empathy mapping
Phase 3: Start working on the proposition of your Center of Vocational Excellence & define building blocks
Phase 4: Matching your activities with your target groups
Phase 5: Development of your Center of Vocational Excellence
Phase 6: Continue developing your Business Model Canvas
Phase 7: Peer reviews