Contactperson: Pieter Hoekstra, programmanager
8911 MA Leeuwarden, the Netherlands
Phone number: +31 (0)88- 060 3800
In the Netherlands, the Centre of Vocational Excellence Water runs under the name CIV Water. CIV stands for: Centre for Innovative craftsmanship Water
The Centre of Innovative Craftsmenship Water focusses on educating employees and scolars on an vocational level (mbo in Dutch) in the field of “Water”. We are working together with educational institutes like MBO Life Sciences as well as with mostly semi-governmental organisations such as Wetterskip Fryslân and Vitens. Our aim is to contribute to the development of excellent waterprofessionals, not only in the region of Fryslân, but also on an (inter)national level.
We do so by organizing innovative courses for professionals together with our partners. Knowledge from these professionals form the basis in our approach; professionals share knowledge by educating each other. These new insights are used in our regular intermediate vocational education.
CIV Water offers:
- Tailor made courses which are based on the combination of practical knowledge and 21th century skills;
- Educational programs for VET schools;
- Practical research (often organised in co-creation with regional stakeholders);
- An exchange of knowledge between professionals and teachers, by sharing didactical, theoretical and practical knowledge.
CIV Water has a strong focus on lifelong learning and cooperates with educational partners, from primary education to Academic universities.
Cove Water Netherlands Network
CIV Water cooperates with all actors in the regional Water innovation network. Partners of CIV Water are:
- Dutch Waterboards such as: Wetterskip Fryslan and Waterschap Noorderzijlvest;
- Drinking Water Companies: Vitens, Waterbedrijf Groningen en Waterleidingmaatschappij Drenthe;
- Educational partners: MBO Life Sciences, Friesland College, Nordwin College, Noorderpoort, Wateropleidingen;
- Companies: WLN, Waterstromen, Bucon-Industries, Dutch Water Partners;
- WaterCampus: CEW, Water Alliance, Wetsus.
- CIV Water is located at WaterCampus Leeuwarden
Business Model Canvas
Water companies were suffering from brain drain and aging. Companies had a picture of labor market tightness. Within a few years there would be many unfilled vacancies. How should that be solved?
Schools wanted innovative education. The idea of CIV Water was born. Thanks to the efforts of a leader, the parties were brought together. The initiator, because of his role in education, already had existing connections.
Regional Action plan
Here you’ll find the latest news from the Netherlands. For news about all the partners, click here.
- Water quantity kick-off
- CIV Water annual report
- A tentative success – PhD thesis on public-private partnerships
- Presentation students project ‘Doorstromingsproject Westeinde’.
- Guest lecture and serious game on the Environment Act
- Futureproof drinking water Hackaton
- Drinking water engineering training – lifelong learning
- European professionals meet online to work on tomorrows vocational water sector professional
- First InterVision meeting on Centres of Vocational Excellence
- Kick-off partner meeting in Brussels
- CIV Water goes international, de eerste bijeenkomst in Brussel
- Hoera! De Europese subsidie voor CIV Water is binnen!